Terms and Conditions
"CareerHub Central" means the business operated through the web-based interface
at (www.careerhub.com.au) or any other associated or affiliate web site where Employers
can register their details and utilise the software to distribute vacancies or other
information to "Universities".
"University" or "Universities" means one or more universities or other educational
institution that uses "CareerHub" software.
"CareerHub" means the software called "CareerHub" as used within a University or
other educational institution that provides, but is not limited to, a University
staff administration interface and a Jobseeker interface.
"Jobseeker" or "Jobseekers" means a student, graduate or other individual or group
that access information provided through CareerHub.
"Employer" means an organisation or individual that enters "Vacancies" or other
information into CareerHub Central or CareerHub for access by Jobseekers or University
Terms and Conditions of Use
Employers using CareerHub Central agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions.
The Employer understands and agrees that:
- CareerHub Central acts as a "distributor" of information provided by Employers to
University CareerHub systems. Fees payed to CareerHub Central are solely for the
distribution process, or for work performed by CareerHub Central staff or contractors,
and are not advertisement fees. Once you have chosen to complete the distribution
process then work will immediately be undertaken to distribute you vacancy and no
refunds will be offered.
- Individual Universities may at their own discretion charge an advertisement fee
for listing of vacancies at their University. Any such fees are additional to CareerHub
Central fees and have no relationship in any way to CareerHub Central.
- CareerHub Central is in no financial business relationship with Universities individually
or as a collective, however each University does hold licence to use CareerHub software
and may pay additional support and maintenance fees for CareerHub.
- Employers agree that CareerHub Central may obtain credit reports about the Employer
and/or it’s directors for the purposes of assessing any credit applications or for
the purpose of collection of overdue payments by Employer for services or products
provided by CareerHub Central.
- Using CareerHub Central to publish information does not guarantee acceptance by
any Universities for publication within their own CareerHub. Universities will make
their own decisions on suitability of information published through CareerHub. Employer
understands that CareerHub Central has no right or capacity to enforce publication
within any University CareerHub. If you comply with this agreement and ensure you
are writing your vacancy advertisements according to our guidelines
your information would generally be accepted.
- CareerHub Central does not monitor or read vacancies distributed through CareerHub
Central to Universities but does reserve the right to do so. CareerHub Central publication
is an automated process and CareerHub Central takes no responsibility for text or
other information published to Universities through CareerHub Central by an Employer.
- Employers will ensure that information published through CareerHub Central is accurate
and is not misleading, particularly with regard to availability of employment, the
nature of employment, remuneration or any other matter relating to employment opportunities
- When publishing information through CareerHub Central Employer must comply with
the Human rights and Equal Employment Opportunities act and all applicable State
or Territory legislation. See http://www.hreoc.gov.au
- CareerHub Central reserves the right to refuse access to CareerHub Central and to
withdraw any items published through CareerHub Central by an Employer if the Employer
publishes anything that is in breach of any law or regulation, is considered offensive
or unethical by CareerHub Central or any University, or is considered to be an inappropriate
use of CareerHub Central or CareerHub.
- Employers will aim to ensure accurate categorisations for any information entered
into CareerHub Central where category selections are required. CareerHub Central
reserves the right to re-categorise items where, in our opinion, categories seem
to be incorrectly applied by Employer.
- Employer will not publish any information through the CareerHub Central "publish
vacancy" process that is not a legitimate employment opportunity. This includes
but is not limited to pyramid schemes, barter schemes, Jobseeker performance trials,
or any item where the Jobseeker is required to pay any fee or money to the Employer.
- Neither CareerHub Central nor any University using CareerHub acts to shortlist or
make recommendations regarding applicants for employment offered by Employer. Employer
takes full responsibility for any decision by Employer to offer employment or any
other opportunity to any Jobseeker, and will make no claim against CareerHub Central
or any University for any losses or damages as a result of engaging any Jobseeker
through CareerHub Central’s services.
- Any elements of text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photos, designs or other artwork
published through CareerHub Central are owned by Employer, or Employer has permission
from the rightful owner to use items provided.
- CareerHub Central provides no guarantee that CareerHub Central or University CareerHub
sites will be error free or uninterrupted. CareerHub Central will make all reasonable
efforts to ensure maximum availability of all services provided.
- CareerHub Central will make all reasonable efforts to ensure items published by
Employer are distributed to Universities within 24 hours on any working day. Publication
may not be possible due to technical or other reasons and CareerHub Central is not
liable for any loss incurred by Employer as a result in failure by CareerHub Central
to publish information provided. Financial reimbursement or compensation to Employer
will be limited to the amount payed to CareerHub Central by employer.
- CareerHub Central has no control of when Universities make published information
available to students via their University CareerHub.
- While all reasonable efforts are made, CareerHub Central does not Guarantee that
any files downloaded or delivered through email from CareerHub Central will be free
of viruses, trojans, worms or other malicious software. Employer agrees they have
implemented processes, software or devices to ensure protection of their own internal
systems, and that they take full responsibility for any losses or damages as a result
of their own negligence in this regard.
- Employer will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that any files provided or uploaded
to CareerHub Central will be free of viruses, trojans, worms or other malicious
- Any University may contact Employer with regard to information published through
CareerHub Central where they require further clarification or for any career or
employment related topic
- By registering on CareerHub Central and publishing information to individual University
CareerHub (or group of), any details provided by Employer will be distributed directly
to the CareerHub system at that University
- Employer will indemnify CareerHub Central, its officers, employees, contractors
or agents against any legal action, claims or expenses incurred by CareerHub Central
as a result of:
- any negligent act or omission by Employer
- any breach of this agreement by Employer
- publication of false, misleading or unethical information by Employer through CareerHub
Central or any information breaching any Federal or State laws, regulations, legislation
or codes of conduct.
- If any part of this agreement is found to be invalid then that part of the agreement
shall be severed leaving the remainder of the agreement intact and enforceable.
- This agreement and all issues related to CareerHub Central will be governed in accordance
with the laws of the state or Queensland, Australia.